Diamond rings come in a wide assortment. Beautiful shapes and designs keep you allured. It becomes pretty difficult to select which one is the best for you. Having a sense of basic information reduces the confusion of buying the ideal engagement ring. You can consider the following points before selecting your dream ring.
The basic tip before making any purchase is to set a budget. The budget should be realistic which won’t make you spend a fortune. Stay within the amount and don’t overspend. There are many rings that will fascinate you but if they are over your budget then it’s better to disregard them.
2. Study the Diamond in the Ring
Working within a budget requires a balance between the quality and size of the diamond. At times focusing on the size sacrifices quality and vice versa. Study the 4 Cs of diamonds – cut, color, clarity and carat weight. Diamonds are priced according to these four Cs.
• Cut: The cut of diamond impacts the amount by which light reflects off the facets of the diamonds. They are graded as Ideal, Premium, Very Good, Good, Fair, and Poor.
• Colour: A diamond’s colour receives a letter grade as per the quantity of color present or absent in a diamond. The letter grades assigned to diamonds fall within five categories:
Colorless: D, E, or F; Near Colorless: G, H, I, or J; Faint Yellow: K, L, or M; Very Light Yellow: N, O, P, Q, or R; Light Yellow: S, T, U, V, W, or X
• Clarity: A lot of pressure is exerted by the nature during the natural creation of diamonds. This pressure causes flaws in the form of bubbles, cracks or other blemishes which affect the clarity of a diamond. According to the degree of flaws, diamonds are placed in six categories: Flawless (F); Internally Flawless (IF); Very, Very Slightly Included (VVS1-VVS2); Very Slightly Included (VS1-VS2); Slightly Included (SI1-SI2); Included (VVS or VS. I1, I2, and I3).
• Carat Weight: It refers to the weight of a diamond. The weight of each diamond carat is 200 milligrams. The more the weight of the diamond, the bigger its size is. Also consider the size before buying. Tiny hands make the diamond look larger than its actual size.
Diamond’s cut and shape are different. The shape is the outward curve and outline of the diamond.
4. Selecting Diamond Engagement Rings
There are two options while buying the engagement ring. Either the groom selects the ring on his own or takes his bride along. Selecting alone can have that surprise element to it. At the same time if the couple goes together the bride will get the ring of her choice. The couple can also browse engagement rings online to check which the best is. This way you can also surprise the bride by buying a ring similar to what she selected online.
5. Wedding Bands
Along with the engagement ring the man can also look for wedding bands. You can select a wedding band that matches the engagement ring. Also the bride and groom can buy similar set of wedding bands.